Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another day in the life of Tim-may!

Things for me are almost never 'normal.' I'd strived for 'normal' for years when I was younger, but quickly realized there was just no helping fate, as there's no way of hiding this wind sail I call a nose without a mountain range, or space shuttle to hide behind.

This morning I was waiting for my work database to update a word file I was working on, which, with my computer is like trying to have Rush Limbaugh try to communicate with a Frenchman with a hearing disability. Eventually the Frenchman understands that he should either be insulted by Rush, or pity him, and gives up (as the French do).

Anyhoo, during the exchange between programs on my computer, I checked my bank account.

I'm rich.

I'd like to thank the little people, the lolly-pop guild mostly - as their silly dance repeats in my head while I do my daily sales routine.

It does occur to me that I'm in fact, too rich. Not like Bill gates rich, more like "I just won Wheels of Fortune!" rich. Still, I know how much I make, and something isn't right. I go to my manager about it.

She send me my commission report. Nice, neat numbers all tallied up for me to see how awesome I am. Only, I know how awesome I am, and sadly, I'm not THAT awesome. Basically my company pays me a draw which I receive twice a month. then, at the end of every quarter everything is added up and the next pay will include a 'commission' check for the amount I've sold over my budget.

They had my sales for the year entered, 1st quarter, and 2nd quarter. Then, they added the 2nd quarter again.

Something you should know, is that sales people have 'carrots on a stick.' If you go over budget, you get a bonus. Go further over budget? Get that bonus plus a percentage of the overage. Go way over budget? Get that bonus plus a much larger percentage of the amount over.

You can see how this added up pretty quickly.

I'll be writing my employer a check soon for the overage. Now, if only I could have had this happen right before interest would apply to this account. :)

As an added note, as I was going to bed last night, I noticed something for the first time.

I like our stupid dog.

1 comment:

cs white said...

It's tough being honest sometimes, eh? But good karma!